October 6 – Parents Association Meeting – 6:00 – 7:30 pm
October 6 – School Photos – Grades 1 – 6
October 7 – School Photos – Grades 7 – 8 & Early Childhood
October 12 – Teacher Workday – no classes
Administrative Forms and Links
- Policies and Procedures Handbook 2014-2015 – Official school policies and procedures
- Early Childhood Program Handbook
- 2015-16 Early Childhood School Supplies
- 2015-16 Aftercare Packet
- Student Health Form – for new students only
- Social Services Form – for new and returning students
- 2015-16 Year-At-A-Glance Calendar
- RWS Proposal Form – form used for submitting proposals for clubs, after school activities, etc.
- Class Links – contains links to external class sites
Monthly PA Meetings
Come to the PA Meeting on Tuesday, Oct 6 at 6:00 pm. Here are some topics that we plan on discussing:
- Come learn from our class reps what our children are learning in each class this month
- Meet Rachel White, our new Admissions Coordinator, and discuss how we can work together to spread the word about RWS among the larger Richmond community
- How would you answer the question “What is a Waldorf school like?” in 3 minutes or less?
- PA fundraising from last year benefited the school and our kids in very tangible ways. Let’s discuss how we can expand those efforts in a strategic way for the coming year.
- Open questions/discussion
If you have other ideas of topics you’d like to discuss in this meeting or the next, please let your class rep know.
Childcare is available, but please sign-up on our spreadsheet by Monday (10/5) night to guarantee a spot: PA Meeting Childcare Sign-up. As space permits, you may continue to sign-up for childcare the day of the meeting by adding your name to the spreadsheet or by emailing Allison at email@example.com (if you can’t access the spreadsheet).
We’d love to see you there!
Class representatives are expected to attend PA meetings to ensure representation from each class; however, we encourage and welcome all parents to attend. Attending a PA meeting is a great way to meet parents from other classes and to be involved in the discussions that impact the entire community. Please come share your ideas and input!
The agenda and full meeting minutes for all PA meetings are available at the following link: PA Meeting Agendas and Minutes
$$$ Fundraising $$$
Help us raise money for RWS through your routine shopping without spending an extra dime!
Support RWS with your everyday shopping. Sign up for the Scrip program (www.shopwithscrip.com) and your purchase of gift cards from your favorite retailers gives money back to RWS. Please see the Scrip FAQ for more information about Scrip and how to sign up.
Parents can also help raise money by linking their Target RedCards, Martin’s BonusCards and Kroger Plus cards to RWS in only a few simple clicks. Please go to the PA Fundraisers page for a complete list of fundraising programs that help us earn money.
All parents, by nature of their child’s enrollment in the school, are members of the RWS Parents Association (PA). The PA generally meets on the first Tuesday of every month during the school year and is the primary way for parents to engage with the RWS community and contribute to the vitality of the school. Class representatives represent their classes at PA meetings, but all parents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Parents Association Links
- Parents Association Overview and Purpose
- Bylaws of RWS Parents Association
- PA Officers, Chairs and Class Representatives – PA volunteers for the 2015-16 school year
- PA Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Parents Association Committees – detailed overview of each PA committee
- PA Committee Sign Up – use this link to join a PA committee
Parents Association Goals for 2015-2016:
- Heads Committee
- Provide a forum for parent education
- Facilitate communication – ensure that communications channels are working for all families
- Environmental Sustainability – review and communicate ways that the school can improve efforts to protect the environment
- PA Fundraising – increase participation in all PA Fundraisers in order to raise money to fund projects and programs at RWS
- Hearts Committee
- Social Events – develop community through social events
- Community Care and Outreach – nurture both the internal and external community
- Welcoming – support and build upon the New Family Care Program
- Hands Committee
- Beautification – improve the aesthetics of the school to make it more appealing to prospective families and our current community
- Volunteerism – provide every parent an opportunity to participate in school events
- Handwork – hold regular parent handwork learning opportunities