Walk into our school and you will immediately realize that you’re in a unique educational environment. When you see classrooms full of students who love their teachers, their classmates, and their school, you may realize that this is the right place for your child.
At our school we believe that education should
- develop the essential humanity of each child
- address the whole human being in body, soul and spirit
- create a better future by developing strong individuals who can work with others
It takes a village
Richmond Waldorf School is a vibrant learning community. All of us – students, parents, and teachers – are learners on a path of self-discovery. We work together to help each other find our higher selves.
Towards a more human future
The future will need self-aware, compassionate, capable human beings who will make the world a better place. We seek to develop these capacities in our students through
- rigorous academic program that helps students develop clear, creative thinking.
- supportive social environment that builds students’ self awareness and their interest in others.
- daily classes in the fine arts and practical arts that teach students to express themselves and to deal with the world with confidence.
We would love to see you! Learn more about our school on this site or contact us. We’ll be glad to answer your questions and to arrange a visit. We look forward to meeting you! You can also click here for the upcoming open houses, observation days, and community events.
OUR APPROACH – An overview of our school’s approach to education and community.
WALDORF FACTS – 10 things you should know about Waldorf education.
WALDORF IN THE NEWS – Articles about Waldorf Schools.
WALDORF NOTABLES – Quotes and testimonials about the Waldorf style of education.
RWS ALUMNI – Learn which high schools recent Richmond Waldorf graduates have been accepted to.
GIVING – Ways you can donate to our not-for-profit school.
RWS serves children without distinction as to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, and strives to to foster a social life based on love for one another.