Walk into our school and you will immediately realize that you’re in a unique educational environment. When you see classrooms full of students who love their teachers, their classmates, and their school, you may realize that this is the right place for your child.
At our school we believe that education should
- develop the essential humanity of each child
- address the whole human being in body, soul and spirit
- create a better future by developing strong individuals who can work with others
It takes a village
Richmond Waldorf School is a vibrant learning community. All of us – students, parents, and teachers – are learners on a path of self-discovery. We work together to help each other find our higher selves.
Towards a more human future
The future will need self-aware, compassionate, capable human beings who will make the world a better place. We seek to develop these capacities in our students through
- rigorous academic program that helps students develop clear, creative thinking.
- supportive social environment that builds students’ self awareness and their interest in others.
- daily classes in the fine arts and practical arts that teach students to express themselves and to deal with the world with confidence.
We would love to see you! Learn more about our school on this site or contact us. We’ll be glad to answer your questions and to arrange a visit. We look forward to meeting you! You can also click here for the upcoming open houses, observation days, and community events.
OUR APPROACH – An overview of our school’s approach to education and community.
WALDORF FACTS – 10 things you should know about Waldorf education.
WALDORF IN THE NEWS – Articles about Waldorf Schools.
WALDORF NOTABLES – Quotes and testimonials about the Waldorf style of education.
RWS ALUMNI – Learn which high schools recent Richmond Waldorf graduates have been accepted to.
GIVING – Ways you can donate to our not-for-profit school.
We’re hiring! 3/2/2016
Operations Manager, Richmond Waldorf School
Richmond Waldorf School seeks a full-time Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is responsible for
- Overseeing and supporting the school’s daily operations, including supervision of the Front Office Manager
- Maintaining financial oversight, including work with the school’s accountant and supervision of the school’s business management functions
- Overseeing and executing the school’s human resources activities
- Coordinating and executing the school’s health and safety policies
- Insuring the school’s licensing, permitting and compliance
- Overseeing the school’s facilities management
- Maintaining the school’s relationship with the school’s landlord
- Representing the school to the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America and other accrediting institutions
The Operations Manager is a member of the school’s Leadership Team, serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees and reports to the Board President. This salaried position is year-round with school holiday and summer flexibility, health insurance and tuition remission.
Qualified candidates will have at least three to five years of proven effective management experience in the areas of operations, financial oversight and human resources. Prefer candidate with experience in Waldorf education or independent schools.
Richmond Waldorf School is a private, independent school serving preschool through 8th Grade. We will soon celebrate our 20th year of providing Waldorf education in the greater Richmond region. Come join our team!
Richmond Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, national origin or sexual orientation. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Katie Adams Parrish, Board Chair
Richmond Waldorf School
1000 Westover Hills Boulevard
Richmond VA 23225
RWS serves children without distinction as to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, and strives to to foster a social life based on love for one another.