Enrolling at Richmond Waldorf School begins with a visit to our school. If you are thinking about applying, we encourage you to attend an Open House, Classroom Observation Morning, or schedule a personal tour.
Late Spring and Summer applicants will be considered for all programs as space is available. We offer rolling admissions in Early Childhood (as available) and Grades 1 to 8. To get started, schedule a personal tour with our Enrollment and Marketing Coordinator.
Sign up here to schedule your visit.
The Enrollment Coordinator and school faculty carefully consider all applicants and seek to enroll students whose families are committed to the Waldorf approach to education. We seek students with diverse abilities and backgrounds who will benefit from Richmond Waldorf School’s unique educational approach and who will value the personal and social benefits of attending a small school.
We welcome inquiries and applications from all families with children ranging from 2½ years to 14 years of age (toddlers through 8th grade). Our rolling admissions process allows us to accept applications throughout the year and accept students all year long.
Richmond Waldorf School considers applicants for admission without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin.
Important to Note:
- 3-day Early Childhood program considers children with birth dates from June 1, 2016 to June 16, 2013
- 5-day Early Childhood program considers children with birth dates from June 15, 2015 to June 16, 2012.
- Applicants entering 1st grade must be 6 years old by June 15. We screen all 1st grade applicants for school readiness.
- Admission for one year is not an absolute guarantee of admission for a subsequent year.
- When a space becomes available, an applicant in the waiting pool will be considered for that opening.
- When a student transfers from another school, class placement depends on the child’s age and academic, developmental, and social progress.
- Homeschooled applicants are expected to submit records of their curriculum if official transcripts do not exist.
We look forward to getting to know you and your child!
- Submit an application with a $50 non-refundable application fee. Checks can be made payable to Richmond Waldorf School (RWS). Families can also pay via credit or debit card over the phone or in person.
- Upon receipt of your complete application, the Admissions Director will contact you to set up an interview.
- Following the interview, you will be notified of acceptance by the Admissions Director and e-mailed a contract.
- Contracts must be returned to the RWS office within 10 business days.