Enrolling at Richmond Waldorf School begins with a visit to our school. If you are thinking about applying, we encourage you to attend an Open House, Classroom Observation Morning, or schedule a personal tour.
Sign up here to schedule your visit.
We are currently accepting applications for 2019-2020 on a rolling basis where space is available. Please contact us for details. Begin your enrollment application here.
Financial Aid requests will be considered on a rolling basis as funds are available. Learn more about applying for financial aid here.
The Enrollment Coordinator and school faculty carefully consider all applicants and seek to enroll students whose families are committed to the Waldorf approach to education. We seek students with diverse abilities and backgrounds who will benefit from Richmond Waldorf School’s unique educational approach and who will value the personal and social benefits of attending a small school.
We welcome inquiries and applications from all families with children ranging from 2½ years to 14 years of age (toddlers through 8th grade). Applicants should submit their application by the deadline and will be contacted to collect any additional information and to arrange a visit.
Richmond Waldorf School considers applicants for admission without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin.
- Submit an application with a $50 non-refundable application fee. Please indicate your preference for 2-, 3- or 5- days.
- Our 2-day Early Childhood class meets on Mondays and Tuesdays. Children should be 2.5 or older by September 1.
- Our 3-day Early Childhood program meets Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Children should be 2.5 or older by September 1st.
- Our 5-day Early Childhood program is a mixed-age Kindergarten of 3 to 6 year olds. Children may join the 5-day classes who turn 3 on or before June 15, 2019. Kindergarten children must turn 5 on or before June 15.
- Upon receipt of your complete application, the Enrollment Coordinator will contact you to set up an interview with the parent, child, and teachers.
- Following the interview, you will be notified of the Admissions decision by the Enrollment Coordinator. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted.
- Upon acceptance families will complete their registration and tuition agreement in TADS.
Other Important Considerations:
- Deadline to apply for admissions and financial aid is February 22, 2019. Please contact the admissions office for more information if interested in applying after the deadline.
- Applicants are considered based on date of application.
- Our mixed-age 2-day Early Childhood classroom can enroll up to 12 children. Our mixed-age 3-Day Early Childhood classroom can enroll up to 14 children. Children must be 2.5 by September 1. Children in their true Kindergarten year are not eligible for a 3-day space. All children must be potty trained.
- Our mixed-age 5-Day Early Childhood classrooms can enroll up to 36 children. Children in their Kindergarten year must be 5 by June 15. The youngest children must be 3 by June 15 to be eligible. All children must be potty trained.
- Applicants entering 1st grade must be 6 years old by June 15. We screen all 1st grade applicants for school readiness.
- Admission for one year is not an absolute guarantee of admission for a subsequent year.
- When a space becomes available, an applicant in the waiting pool will be considered for that opening.
- When a student transfers from another school, class placement depends on the child’s age and academic, developmental, and social progress.
- Homeschooled applicants are expected to submit records of their curriculum if official transcripts do not exist.
- Questions can be directed to .
We look forward to getting to know you and your child!