Enrolling at Richmond Waldorf School begins with a visit to our school. If you are thinking about applying, we encourage you to attend an Open House, Classroom Observation Morning, or schedule a personal tour.
Admissions for 2019-2020 will be considered beginning October 1, 2018. Late applications for 2018-2019 will be considered on a rolling basis where space is available.
Sign up here to schedule your visit.
The Enrollment Coordinator and school faculty carefully consider all applicants and seek to enroll students whose families are committed to the Waldorf approach to education. We seek students with diverse abilities and backgrounds who will benefit from Richmond Waldorf School’s unique educational approach and who will value the personal and social benefits of attending a small school.
We welcome inquiries and applications from all families with children ranging from 2½ years to 14 years of age (toddlers through 8th grade). Our rolling admissions process allows us to accept applications throughout the year and accept students all year long (as space is available).
Richmond Waldorf School considers applicants for admission without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin.
- Submit an application with a $50 non-refundable application fee. Please indicate your preference for 3- or 5- days.
- Upon receipt of your complete application, the Enrollment Coordinator will contact you to set up an interview with the parent, child, and teachers.
- Following the interview, you will be notified of the Admissions decision by the Enrollment Coordinator.
- Decisions for Early Childhood enrollment will be made no later than March 1, 2019.
Other Important Considerations:
- Early Childhood applications will be considered based on the age of the child when school begins. We cannot enroll children younger than 2 1/2 by September 1.
- Applicants entering 1st grade must be 6 years old by June 15. We screen all 1st grade applicants for school readiness.
- Admission for one year is not an absolute guarantee of admission for a subsequent year.
- When a space becomes available, an applicant in the waiting pool will be considered for that opening.
- When a student transfers from another school, class placement depends on the child’s age and academic, developmental, and social progress.
- Homeschooled applicants are expected to submit records of their curriculum if official transcripts do not exist.
We look forward to getting to know you and your child!