Our Kindergartens provide children with a gentle, loving environment where they can grow and thrive.
- We develop children’s imagination, creativity, and social skills through active work and imaginative play.
- We introduce children to language and culture through stories, verses, songs, and puppetry.
- We nurture children’s reverence and their connection to the world through festivals and celebrations.
- We lay a foundation for literacy and numeracy through meaningful and engaging activities.
The Kindergarten day has rhythm and balance, with a healthy mixture of active and quiet activities that include:
- Storytelling, puppet and marionette plays
- Singing, circle games, and movement
- Painting, drawing, and beeswax modeling
- Baking and cooking
- Outdoor play and work
- Festival and seasonal celebrations
Through these activities, children are prepared for the academic, artistic, and social challenges of the elementary grades. For more information about the importance of play, go to the New York Times article, “Taking Play Seriously”.
Kindergarten for children from 2½ to 6 years.
5-day program: 8:15 am to 1:00 pm (aftercare option until 5:30 pm)
3-day program: 8:15 am to 1:00 pm (aftercare option until 5:30 pm)
Children must be fully potty trained. All classes are mixed age.
Learn more about our Parent/Toddler Program, Sprouts, for children 18 months old to 3 years old.