Richmond Waldorf School provides a learning environment that promotes independent thinking, cultivates creativity, builds confidence, and develops practical skills. Our proven, holistic approach to education lays the foundation for a life full of meaning and purpose.
We embrace every opportunity to develop curious, confident, and capable individuals who can bring forth healthy change in the world.
- We believe that students thrive when exposed to a hands-on, integrated curriculum that is developmentally appropriate and grounded in artistic and practical work.
- We believe that all students must develop intellectual curiosity, social sensitivity and physical stamina in order to meet their full potentials.
- We believe that students who are exposed to world cultures through story and sensory experience will become thoughtful, clear-thinking adults who understand and take an interest in the world and its people.
- We believe in the importance of a safe, inclusive learning environment where the interests and strengths of all students are honored and encouraged.
- We believe that schools should awaken social responsibility, service to community and stewardship of the earth.
- We believe that open, clear and direct communication is critical for maintaining a supportive and productive educational community.
- We believe that effective teachers are committed to building long-term relationships with students, while demonstrating enthusiasm and honest striving in the world.
- We believe that cooperation and collaboration between parents and teachers play a vital role in helping students meet their full potential.
- We believe that strong schools rely on initiative and commitment from all members of the community.
- We believe in the power of the human spirit to invoke positive change in the world.