Richmond Waldorf School provides a learning environment that promotes independent thinking, cultivates creativity, builds confidence, and develops practical skills. Our proven, holistic approach to education lays the foundation for a life full of meaning and purpose.
We embrace every opportunity to develop curious, confident, and capable individuals who can bring forth healthy change in the world.
- We believe that students thrive when exposed to a hands-on, integrated curriculum that is developmentally appropriate and grounded in artistic and practical work.
- We believe that all students must develop intellectual curiosity, social sensitivity and physical stamina in order to meet their full potentials.
- We believe that students who are exposed to world cultures through story and sensory experience will become thoughtful, clear-thinking adults who understand and take an interest in the world and its people.
- We believe in the importance of a safe, inclusive learning environment where the interests and strengths of all students are honored and encouraged.
- We believe that schools should awaken social responsibility, service to community and stewardship of the earth.
- We believe that open, clear and direct communication is critical for maintaining a supportive and productive educational community.
- We believe that effective teachers are committed to building long-term relationships with students, while demonstrating enthusiasm and honest striving in the world.
- We believe that cooperation and collaboration between parents and teachers play a vital role in helping students meet their full potential.
- We believe that strong schools rely on initiative and commitment from all members of the community.
- We believe in the power of the human spirit to invoke positive change in the world.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Richmond Waldorf School welcomes students, families, faculty, staff, and guests of all races, ethnicities, cultural and religious heritages, socio-economic backgrounds, geographic origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, and family structures. We educate our students to respect the dignity of all people and we reject discrimination in all its forms. We seek to create, embrace, support, and nurture a diverse and inclusive community where everyone feels respected, connected, honored, and valued.