Our Early Childhood program strives to awaken a sense of wonder and strengthen children’s will to respond to situations in life with proactive and creative confidence. Focused creative play, rich storytelling, goal-oriented tasks, and healthy social interactions provide the foundation for future academic excellence and personal well-being.
We are still accepting new applications for our 2019-2020 school year.
5-day classrooms: 8:15 am to 1:00 pm (Monday – Friday). Aftercare is available as an add-on service until 6:00 pm. Mixed-age classes of 3.5 to 6 year olds.
3-day classroom: 8:15 am to 1:00 pm (Wednesday – Friday) Aftercare is available as an add-on service until 6:00 pm. Mixed-age class of 2.5 to 5 year olds.
2-day classroom: 8:15 to 1:00 pm (Monday – Tuesday). Mixed-age class of 2.5 to 5 year olds.
Our Early Childhood program provide children with a gentle, loving environment where they can grow and thrive.
- We develop children’s imagination, creativity, and social skills through active work and imaginative play.
- We introduce children to language and culture through stories, verses, songs, and puppetry.
- We nurture children’s reverence and their connection to the world through festivals and celebrations.
- We lay a foundation for literacy and numeracy through meaningful and engaging activities.
The Early Childhood day has rhythm and balance, with a healthy mixture of active and quiet activities that include:
- Storytelling, puppet and marionette plays
- Singing, circle games, and movement
- Painting, drawing, and beeswax modeling
- Baking and cooking
- Outdoor play and work
- Festival and seasonal celebrations
Through these activities, children are prepared for the academic, artistic, and social challenges of the elementary grades. For more information about the importance of play, go to the New York Times article, “Taking Play Seriously”.