The Founders Scholarship
The Founders Scholarship was initiated by the RWS Board of Trustees in 2010 to provide this unique education to students in the Richmond community who might not otherwise be able to attend private school. The scholarship offers a tuition-free placement for two students per 6th grade class. Recipients will retain their tuition-free places through graduation from 8th grade. Founders Scholars are asked to pay half of the enrollment fee, activity and supply fee, and facility fee.
Founders Scholarship Candidates
The ideal candidate for a Founders Scholarship would demonstrate:
- Solid academic skills
- Strong social skills
- An interest in the arts
- An openness to new ideas and experiences
Waldorf Education can achieve its fullest potential only with the involvement of the student’s family. Families of Founders Scholarships candidates must:
- Demonstrate an interest in participating in their child’s school life
- Commit to attending Parent Evenings and Waldorf education events
- Fall within 200% of the Federal poverty guidelines (determine if you are eligible here)
Students and families wishing to apply for the RWS Founders Scholarship for 2019-2020 should take the following steps:
- Attend an Observation Day, Open House, or schedule a personal tour with the Enrollment Coordinator
- Submit all application documents by February 22, 2019 including: Application, Middle School Student Application, Teacher Recommendation Form, Transcript Release Form
- Complete Personal Financial Statement on TADS by February 22, 2019
- Schedule a Parent-Teacher interview through the Enrollment Coordinator
- Student attends a 3-day in-class visit
More information about the admissions process can be found here.
For more information, fill out the form below.