Thank you for your interest in Richmond Waldorf School. We would love to have you visit our school, and offer a variety of ways to determine if Waldorf education is right for your child.
The admissions process at Richmond Waldorf School begins with a visit to our school. We enjoy sharing Waldorf education with prospective families and welcome visitors. Parents may opt to attend an open house, group observation morning, or arrange a personal tour.
We request that applications for 2018-2019 be submitted by February 23, 2018. Applications received after this date will still be considered, but classroom availability may be limited as well as financial assistance.
RSVP for Windows Into Waldorf: An Interactive Open House
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 10am. From 10am – 12pm, prospective families will participate in interactive workshops with our teachers and students. An open house is the perfect way to experience our Early Childhood, Elementary, and Middle School programs. Experience how Waldorf teachers engage and inspires students through a multi-disciplinary approach.
Classroom Observation Mornings
Classroom observations allow parents to see the inside of Waldorf classrooms during the school day. These group tours are scheduled from September through March and provide an overview of our Early Childhood or Grades programs. Observation mornings are intended for parents only and generally last about 60 minutes.
Early Childhood Classroom Observations are held throughout the year for families who are considering our Pre-K and Kindergarten program. Our observation schedule for Fall and Winter is as follows:
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 9:30am
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 9:30am
- Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 9:30am
Classroom Observation Mornings for grades 1 through 8 provide a chance to visit a series of classrooms and to see Waldorf Education in action. Visiting multiple classes and ages allows attendees to get a sense of the full Waldorf program and what the curriculum looks like for children at a range of ages. The observation schedule for Fall and Winter is as follows:
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 8:30am
- Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 8:30am
- Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 8:30am
- To schedule a personal tour, contact Valerie Hogan, Marketing & Enrollment Coordinator, by calling 804-377-8024 x204, or fill out the form below.
Richmond Waldorf School
1301 Robin Hood Road
Richmond, Virginia 23227
Phone: (804) 377-8024
Fax: (804) 377-8027